These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Google Tag Manager
Track device being used
Content: 1 Piece
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time: 5-7 days
- Order number: 709201
This block of stamps was issued in Guinea-Bissau and is dedicated to the orchids. The stamp block... more
Product information "Orchids - block of stamps mint never hinged, Guinea-Bissau"
This block of stamps was issued in Guinea-Bissau and is dedicated to the orchids. The stamp block contains one stamp with a face value of 3000 FCFA. The edge of the block and the stamp show different orchids.
The orchids are considered particularly beautiful. Many consider the orchid to be the queen of flowers . The orchids have the following specific characteristics :
- Orchids usually have a column. The partial or complete growing together of the single fertile stamen and the pistil creates a single flower organ
- the pollen heads of the orchids are agglomerated to the so-called pollinia
- Orchids develop numerous very small seeds, which as a rule cannot germinate without symbiotic fungi
- the petal of the inner petal circle, located in the axis of symmetry, usually differs significantly from the others and is called the lip or labellum.
- the flowers of the orchids are usually zygomorphic (= two mirror-like halves).
Distribution of orchidsOrchids grow on every continent with the exception of Antarctica. Due to their enormous diversity , orchids can be found in almost every ozone (not in deserts). Even above the Arctic Circle or in Patagonia and the islands off the eternal ice of the South Pole, e. B. Macquarie Island there are orchids. The majority of orchids, however, grow in the tropics and subtropics, mainly in South America and Asia.