These cookies are necessary for the basic functions of the shop.
"Allow all cookies" cookie
"Decline all cookies" cookie
These cookies are used to make the shopping experience even more appealing, for example for the recognition of the visitor.
Statistics & Tracking
Track device being used
Content: 1 Piece
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery time: 5-7 days
- Order number: 216877
This compilation contains variants and special features of the "Ingenieur-Kongress Konstanz"... more
Product information "European Congress of Engineers - Set, French Zone Baden"
This compilation contains variants and special features of the "Ingenieur-Kongress Konstanz" edition. A special postage stamp was issued for the Constance Engineering Congress in July 1949 in the world-famous "Insel-Hotel". The first edition was sold out in a very short time. The second edition was only 25,250 copies. The counter sheets were numbered consecutively in the lower left corner of the sheet margin and the date of printing on the lower right corner of the sheet margin - in the case of the 2nd edition "Printed on August 25, 1949". Before the stamps were given to the buyer, however, it was found that the first edition was dated "6/18/1949", so it was decided to separate the printing date from the sheet of the second edition. Only very few sheets or corner pieces with the date "25.8.1949" have therefore been procured since 1949.
Also payable in four monthly & agrave; 987.50 euros.
The "Engineer Congress" set contains:
- Block of four stamps: lower left corner of the sheet with consecutive numbering printed in black
- Block of four stamps: Lower right corner of the sheet with printing date "Printed on June 18, 1949" (1st edition) 100,000 copies
- Block of four stamps: Lower right corner of the sheet with printing date "Printed on August 25, 1949" (2nd edition) 25,250 copies
- Block of four stamps: "plate defect" stamp top left: period in the second "9" of "1949":
stamp on the bottom right: "N" and "G" in "Congress" are linked
- Official card franked with the special stamp of the first edition with special postmark "Ingenieur-Kongress Konstanz"